Foster Care Program Details
Here you'll find the specifics about the program
We guide our foster families through the entire process, from initial interest to child placement to permanency (if needed). We also provide the following resources:
• Free IMPACT/foster and respite pre-training.
• Reimbursement for drug screens, CPR/First Aid, and water safety training.
• Free continuing education classes from WinShape Homes trainers and external facilitators.
• 24-hour access to a WinShape Homes Case Manager.
• Assistance in creating life books for foster children.
• Monthly support for extracurricular activities.
• A caring community through a partnership with Promise686, which helps develop a community of support for foster families
Q: What is foster care?
A: Foster Care is opening your heart and home to a child who, for various reasons that the State determines, is unable to currently live at home with their biological family. It is providing stability for a child for a period of time that could be days to weeks to months or even ending in adoption.
Q: Where are you located?
Our Foster Care Program is currently partnering with churches in the Metro Atlanta area to serve their members who want to foster.
Q: What are ways to serve foster children without becoming a foster parent?
There are lots of ways to get involved in foster care ministry outside of fostering!
Foster families can always use a hand with babysitting, meals, tutoring, and mentoring and supporting a foster family lends to greater success of that family! The best way to get involved is to get your church body involved in wrapping around the existing foster families within your church. For more information, please see our Church Contact page.