Our Group Care Program
Cultivating healthy and long term relationship for the children we serve.
Chick-fil-A Founder S. Truett Cathy founded WinShape Homes in 1987 as a way to provide nurturing homes to children who are in need of a stable family environment. Founded on Christ-centered principles, our homes are designed to cultivate healthy, long-term relationships for the children we serve.
WinShape Homes’ Group Care program provides placements in a large family home setting, which allows sibling groups that might otherwise be separated to remain together. The children we serve are given consistent attention and care on physical, spiritual, and emotional levels to ensure their needs are thoroughly and individually met. From tutoring to professional counseling to medical care, each child is cared for uniquely.
With our Group Care program, we have full-time parents that are committed to being parents for the long haul.
The homes we create establish permanency and allow the child to experience stability. We’re intentional in our efforts to meet the unique needs of each child. We do this in several ways:
• Educational experiences are always provided.
• The development of individual talents and interests is encouraged and financially supported.
• We employ therapists who are certified to assist with emotional recovery and care.
• All medical and dental services are covered.
• Every year, each child is given the opportunity to attend a WinShape Camp.
• All families go on a two-week vacation to the beach each summer.
• Teenage youth are given extra support and guidance in planning for college, future goals, careers, and transition to adulthood.
• Connection with family members is encouraged and supported.